- Be out of your contact lenses for 7 days before your LASIK evaluation and 3 days before your surgery.
- Eat a light meal prior to your surgery.
- Ask for a Valium at your surgery appointment if you are feeling anxious or nervous about your procedure.
- Have a driver to and from your surgery and to and from your one-day post-op at our office.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Sweats, jeans and sweatshirts are ideal as the LASIK Suite is kept cool.
- Pick up the two prescription eye drops at your pharmacy before your surgery. These are called in to the Friday prior to your surgery to the pharmacy of your choice.
- Bring the two eye drops with you to your surgery.
- Wash your hair the day of the surgery, and with your eyes closed, lather shampoo over your lids and lashes to remove oil.
- Plan to rest the entire day after your surgery. A short nap is advised after, you are allowed to watch television.
- Return to work as your vision and comfort allow. Most people return to work right after their 1 day post-op appointment.
- Resume driving after your 1 day post-op appointment.
- Take Tylenol/Aspirin as needed.
- Return for post operative appointments at the set intervals of 1 week, 3 months, and 6 months.
- Be very careful in the first week after surgery and wear your sleep shield when napping or sleeping for the next 7 weeks.
- Call if you experience unusual blurred vision or see a wrinkle or line on our eye while looking in the mirror, even if after hours. Our phone will allow you to leave an urgent message for the doctor on call. Our number is 913-341-4508.
- Use the non-prescription lubricating eye drops included in the fanny pack given to you by Moyes Eye Center often.
- Wear a sweatband when returning to working out after your 1 day post op appointment.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun and wind postoperatively.
- Wait until your eyes are healed before resuming makeup for patients who have had PRK done.
- Update your drivers license ASAP after having refractive surgery done.
- Wear any chemicals from the neck up on the day of your surgery. This includes: cologne, hair products, or moisturizers.
- Wear any jewelry from the neck up on the day of your surgery.
- Rub or bump your eyes for 2 months after surgery. After that, always pat gently instead of rubbing your eye when necessary.
- Swim in a lake, pool, ocean or hot tub for 2 weeks postoperatively.
- Engage in any impact sports such as water skiing or water spots for 2 weeks postoperatively.
- Engage in any contact sports like racquetball or tennis for 1 month postoperatively.
The fee for LASIK is $2600/eye. $1525/eye will be paid to Dr. Moyes on the day of the surgery. $1075/eye will be paid to Drs Hawks, Besler, Rogers and Stoppel at your one day post op visit. We take checks (made out to Drs. Hawks, Besler, Rogers and Stoppel), cash or credit cards
(Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Discover), just a reminder, if you are using a debit credit card be sure to notify your bank ahead of time for the large amount to be processed. Fee includes pre and post op appointments and one day enhancements needed within the first year.
Your vision will fluctuate on an average of 1-3 months after surgery, some experience fluctuating vision for 6 months, though it shouldn’t affect your normal day-to-day life. You may also notice glare around lights at night during the healing phase. If any enhancements are
needed after 3 months, they are included in the original LASIK fee for up to one year from the surgery date.
Refractive surgery is not medically necessary and is considered an elective procedure. There are risks with any surgery; make sure you follow the protocol as outlined.
Included in LASIK fees
Custom LASIK fee is $2600 per eye ($5200 for both eyes).
- Refractive evaluation
- Corneal Topography evaluation
- Corneal Pachymetry (thickness) evaluation
- Eye health evaluation
- Pupillary measurements
- Cycloplegic and dry refractions
- Slit lamp examination
- Retinal Exam
- Preoperative and intraoperative medications (Postoperative medications will be called into your pharmacy and are an additional charge)
- Surgical treatment with WaveLight®
- Initial postoperative evaluation
12 months following surgery (your yearly comprehensive eye examination is not covered in LASIK fees)
Enhancements from 12-24 months are $250 per eye. After 24 months, all enhancements are $1300 per eye (if the original procedure was performed by Dr. Moyes)
We offer free LASIK counseling and vision screenings by appointment with a technician. A screening does not guarantee you are a candidate for LASIK surgery.
A comprehensive eye examination is required within one year prior to your surgery and the preoperative evaluation needs to be completed no more than three months prior to your surgery.
If you are a soft contact lens wearer you will need to be out of your lenses for seven days prior to your preoperative evaluation and three days prior to your LASIK Surgery. RGP contact lens wearers need to be out of their contacts three weeks longer or until the corneas are stabilized.
Eyeglasses, contact lenses and therapy for dry eyes, if needed after surgery, are not included in the LASIK fee.
The LASIK fee is made in two separate payments. The first payment of $3050 is due to Dr. Moyes the day of your surgery and the second payment of $2150 to Drs Hawks, Besler, Rogers and Stoppel will be due at your one day postoperative appointment. Both offices accept cash, check, American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. If you plan to use your debit card, we suggest contacting your bank a day prior to your visit to make them aware of the large amount you will be deducting from your account.
If you have a friend who would like LASIK surgery at an affordable price, please feel free to have them call our office at 913-341-4508 to book their procedure through us. We will be happy to provide the same level of expert care you received at a competitive price.
Reminder: you will need to update your drivers license ASAP after LASIK surgery.